Infoblox’s global team of threat hunters uncovers a DNS operation with the ability to bypass traditional security measures and control the Great Firewall of China. Read about “Muddling Meerkat” and the many other threat actors discovered by Infoblox Threat Intel here.

API Examples

Update MSServer Options with REST API in Powershell

[ Edited ]
4422     0

Hello,

I want to update the options for msserver:dhcp and msserver:dns via powershell, for example login_name, login_password, synchronization_interval but it doesn't work, looks like I missed something in the options.

$msserver_options = @{
synchronization_interval="10"}
$body = $msserver_options | ConvertTo-Json

$uri_msdhcp = "$($ib_uri_base)/msserver:dhcp/ZG5zLm1zX3NlcnZlcl9kaGNwX3Byb3BlcnRpZXMkMA:10.0.0.1?_return_as_object=1"

Invoke-RestMethod -Uri $uri_msdhcp -Method PUT -WebSession $ib_session -ContentType 'application/json' -Body $body

Error Message

Invoke-RestMethod : Der Remoteserver hat einen Fehler zurückgegeben: (400) Ungültige Anforderung.
In Zeile:7 Zeichen:1
+ Invoke-RestMethod -Uri $uri_msdhcp -Method PUT -WebSession $ib_session -ContentT ...
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
+ CategoryInfo : InvalidOperation: (System.Net.HttpWebRequest:HttpWebRequest) [Invoke-RestMethod], WebException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : WebCmdletWebResponseException,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.InvokeRestMethodCommand

the GET command works fine and give me the correct result, I also tryed to another PUT command to update the name of a fixed address which also works fine.

GET ms-dhcp

$uri_msdhcp = "$($ib_uri_base)/msserver:dhcp/ZG5zLm1zX3NlcnZlcl9kaGNwX3Byb3BlcnRpZXMkMA:10.0.0.1?_return_fields=synchronization_interval&_return_type=json"
Invoke-WebRequest -Uri $uri_msdhcp -Method Get -WebSession $ib_session

StatusCode : 200
StatusDescription : OK
Content : {"_ref": "msserver:dhcp/ZG5zLm1zX3NlcnZlcl9kaGNwX3Byb3BlcnRpZXMkMA:10.0.0.1", "synchronization_interval": 2}

thanks in advance

Andreas

Re: Update MSServer Options with REST API in Powershell

Adviser
4422     0

Hi,

An integer is expected for synchronization_interval. Could you please remove the quotes around 10 and try again?

Thanks and regards,

Krishna

4422     0

Hi Krishna,

I tryed this already but get the same error message

$msserver_options = @{
synchronization_interval=10}
$body = $msserver_options | ConvertTo-Json

kind regards,

Andreas

[ Edited ]
4422     0

I tried the new NIOS version 8.4.4 with the new WAPI version v2.10.3 because new features for MS Servers are implemented (RFE-9632) but still get the same error 400.

4423     0

A whole number is normal for synchronization_interval. Would you be able to please eliminate the statements around 10 and attempt once more?

4423     0

you can check this too from more help 

192.168.100.1 192.168.1.1  jpg to pdf

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You