Introducing SOC Insights for BloxOne Threat Defense: Boost your SOC efficiency with AI-driven insights to eliminate manual work and accelerate investigation and response times. Read the blog announcement here.

Amazon Web Services

AWS vDiscovery

[ Edited ]
3316     0

Hello,

I have added vDiscovery job (one time) for AWS by using IAM credentials and it ran successfully as well but there is no data in IPAM for AWS. I was under the impression that VPC and all the ip's which are used will be there uder IPAM once vDiscovery runs. 

Can someone advise if I am missing a step perhaps ?

Thanks

Inder Vaud

Re: AWS vDiscovery

Superuser
3316     0

AWS vDiscovery jobs are specific to the region of the API endpoint used. For example, to discover resources in the US West 2 region, you would need to use the endpoint: ec2.us-west-2.amazonaws.com. For resources in a second region, such as US East 1, you'd need to run a second vDiscovery job using the endpoint for that region: ec2.us-east-1.amazonaws.com. Are you using the correct endpoint for the region where your resources exist?

If this is not the issue, any additional info you can provide? Entries from syslog etc.?

3316     0

Hi,

I am getting a vDiscovery error with my vNIOS initial standalone setup, even system dns resolver 8.8.4.4 was configured.  Can someone help?

AWSConnectorError: Error Lookup AWS Region: Service=ec2 endpoint=ec2.us-east-1.api.aws

Superuser
3317     0

This is not enough information to fully understand the issue. You can try running a lookup from the dashboard of NIOS, ensure you can resolve the ec2.us-east-1.amazonaws.com endpoint. Also, ensure that your device can reach the endpoint, no firewall blocking, etc.. Additionally, ensure you have correctly entered all information for the job, including credentials with appropriate permissions. https://docs.infoblox.com/space/NAIG/37650904/vDiscovery+on+AWS+VPCs

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You