Introducing SOC Insights for BloxOne Threat Defense: Boost your SOC efficiency with AI-driven insights to eliminate manual work and accelerate investigation and response times. Read the blog announcement here.

API Examples

Looking for API info on adding "DHCP -> Shared Networks" and other Infoblox objects

896     0

GitHub - infobloxopen/infoblox-client: Infoblox NIOS Python WAPI Client or

Seem to be the only place I can find documentation I'm using these Infoblox objects. Any additional information would be appreciated. I would like to see some examples of what the parameters might look like for different objects.

Primarily using Python but some JavaScript React.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Looking for API info on adding "DHCP -> Shared Networks" and other Infoblox objects

896     0

The best way to create your own examples is to create something once in the GUI, and use WAPI to see what the JSON looks like.  Turn it into a REST call, modify the JSON payload appropriately, and send the JSON as a new call.

In general, POST is for creating new stuff and PUT is for modifying existing stuff using the _ref.

Create a shared network, using the _ref for each network to be added:

curl -k1 -u admin:infoblox -X POST 'https://192.168.1.2/wapi/v2.11/sharednetwork' -H "Content-Type: application/json" -d \
'{
	"name": "my_shared_network", 
	"network_view": "default", 
	"networks": [
		{
			"_ref": "network/ZG5zLm5ldHdvcmskMTkyLjE2OC4xLjAvMjQvMA:192.168.1.0/24/default"
		}, 
		{
			"_ref": "network/ZG5zLm5ldHdvcmskMTkyLjE2OC4yNTUuMC8yNC8w:192.168.255.0/24/default"
		}
	]
}'

returns the _ref of the shared network:

"sharednetwork/ZG5zLnNoYXJlZF9uZXR3b3JrJG15X3NoYXJlZF9uZXR3b3JrLjA:my_shared_network/default"                         

Define the DHCP options (lease tine & dns servers) on a shared network:

curl -k1 -u admin:infoblox -X PUT 'https://192.168.1.2/wapi/v2.11/sharednetwork/ZG5zLnNoYXJlZF9uZXR3b3JrJG15X3NoYXJlZF9uZXR3b3JrLjA:my_shared_network/default' -H "Content-Type: application/json" -d \
'{
	"options": [
		{
			"name": "dhcp-lease-time", 
			"num": 51, 
			"use_option": true, 
			"value": "259200", 
			"vendor_class": "DHCP"
        }, 
		{
			"name": "domain-name-servers", 
			"num": 6, 
			"use_option": true, 
			"value": "192.168.1.2,192.168.2.2", 
			"vendor_class": "DHCP"
		}
	]
}'

returns the _ref of the shared network again:

"sharednetwork/ZG5zLnNoYXJlZF9uZXR3b3JrJG15X3NoYXJlZF9uZXR3b3JrLjA:my_shared_network/default"

Re: Looking for API info on adding "DHCP -> Shared Networks" and other Infoblox objects

896     0

Thank you. This is helpful. I'm surprised there is not an infoblox-client built with JavaScript/Node.js.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You