Introducing SOC Insights for BloxOne Threat Defense: Boost your SOC efficiency with AI-driven insights to eliminate manual work and accelerate investigation and response times. Read the blog announcement here.

API & Integration, DevOps,NetOps,SecOps

Ansible nios_fixed_address not accepting numeric options

Authority
4058     0

Hello,

obviously nobody cares about yesterdays news. So I create a new post. Again.

Details see https://community.infoblox.com/t5/API-Integration/Bug-in-Ansible-2-8-with-options-in-nios-fixed-addr...

I tried your fix and it is unfortunately incomplete. I suggested a fix but need additional information about some option numbers (see the None values) and a verification of all the others:

special_options = {'routers': 3, 'router-templates': None, 'domain-name-servers': 6,
                       'domain-name': 15, 'broadcast-address': 28, 'broadcast-address-offset': None,
                       'dhcp-lease-time': 51, 'dhcp6.name-servers': 23}

I'd even try to submit the patch to Ansible... but I'd prefer when you'd do it.

Infoblox, will you do so?

BTW: Please add Ansible to the label list!

Re: Ansible nios_fixed_address not accepting numeric options

Authority
4059     0

I created another Ansible issue:

https://github.com/ansible/ansible/issues/67423

Adviser
4059     0

Hi,

Thank you for submitting an issue. The Infoblox team will look into it.

Regards,

Krishna

Authority
4059     0

Hello Infoblox!

A new version of Ansible is out. Version 2.9.7.

And not even the initial (broken) fix is included there. Not speaking about the bugfix mentioned in this thread.

I created this issue against 2.8. That's how old it is!

I have to patch every single Ansible instance... every time a new version comes out.

This sux.

To be a bit more explicit: Your support and dedication for Python in general and Ansible in particular sux.

Don't explain it! Improve it!

I read on Github that responsibilities for infoblox-client and for the Ansible modules changed. Obviously this change was no improvement, but made it worse.

Please treat this comment as bad customer feedback and act!

Currently I'd not advise to buy Infoblox again because you block our automation efforts...

Techie
4059     0

Hello,

The merge request of the fix was raised about a month back, but it was not accepted by Ansible team as the codebase was frozen. This was because they were moving this to the Ansible codebase to the new Collections framework.

The details are here: https://github.com/ansible/ansible/pull/67924 

We're in process of migrating the NIOS code from Ansible community.general to our repo in github ("infobloxopen/infoblox-ansible") and are also working on publishing our modules and plugins as an Ansible Collection. We'll add this fix in that.

Regards

Sailesh

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You