Introducing SOC Insights for BloxOne Threat Defense: Boost your SOC efficiency with AI-driven insights to eliminate manual work and accelerate investigation and response times. Read the blog announcement here.

API & Integration, DevOps,NetOps,SecOps

base64 encoding and ref_obj values for Postman API collection

4272     0

I look up the https://community.infoblox.com/t5/Community-Blog/Getting-started-with-WAPIs-using-POSTMAN/ba-p/14860.

How can I retrieve the environment variables from Infoblox about "base64_encoding" and "object_reference" values?

Re: base64 encoding and ref_obj values for Postman API collection

Adviser
4273     0

Hi,

The object_reference is only used for PUT and DELETE queries. It can be obtained by doing a GET request like below. This is example uses the GET Authoritative Zones request from the POSTMAN collection.

{"result": 
  [{"_ref": "zone_auth/ZG5zLnpvbmUkLl9kZWZhdWx0LmNvbS50ZXN0:test.com/default",
    "fqdn": "test.com",
    "view": "default"
 }]}

Base64_encoding is the base64 encoding of your username credentials that you use to access the grid.

If you have a linux machine, you can run a simple base64 encode command to get the string:

# echo <username>:<password> | base64
YWRtaW46aW5mb2Jsb3gK

Hope this is helpful,

Krishna

4273     0

I just tried the Postman Collection example - "Get IPv4 address in a subnet". I used the base64 value to the global environment. But it got the error message "could not get any response".

4273     0

It seems that it is required to turn off ssl certificate verification. In addition, under Authorization Type to enable Basic Auth even though base64 is specified.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You