Introducing SOC Insights for BloxOne Threat Defense: Boost your SOC efficiency with AI-driven insights to eliminate manual work and accelerate investigation and response times. Read the blog announcement here.

API & Integration, DevOps,NetOps,SecOps

Create DNS Host record and inherit extensible attributes

2827     1

I want to create DNS host records and inherit extensible attribute values rather than set the attribute values on the host record itself. Does anyone know the WAPI syntax I need to use to tell NIOS to set extensible attributes to inherit on the host records I create?

EARe: Create DNS Host record and inherit extensible attributes

2827     1

Hi andrewstjean,

You can just set the EAs on the parent network of a host record. When you create a host record under the parent the values will be automatically inherited.

Make sure the Enable Inheritance box is checked when creating the EA.

Re: EARe: Create DNS Host record and inherit extensible attributes

2827     1

Pleaser note that for host records, inheritance is only applied for one of the host's IP addresses (either IPv4 or IPv6).  Using REST API, the IP address used for inheritance can be set using the "use_for_ea_inheritance" attribute.

For example:

curl -k1 -u admin:infoblox -X POST 'https://192.168.1.2/wapi/v2.11/record:host' -H "Content-Type: application/json" -d \
'{
	"ipv4addrs":
	[
		{
			"configure_for_dhcp": false,
			"ipv4addr": "10.0.1.209"
		},
		{
			"configure_for_dhcp": false,
			"ipv4addr": "10.104.1.209",
			"use_for_ea_inheritance": true
		}

],
	"name": "newhost.blox.corp",
	"view": "Internal DNS"
}'

2827     1

I was missing the use_for_ea_inheritance attribute. Once I added that to my WAPI call creating host records started working as expected. Thanks for your help.

2828     1

is there an example of how this was done?

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You