Infoblox’s global team of threat hunters uncovers a DNS operation with the ability to bypass traditional security measures and control the Great Firewall of China. Read about “Muddling Meerkat” and the many other threat actors discovered by Infoblox Threat Intel here.

API & Integration, DevOps,NetOps,SecOps

How to add a new MAC Filter?

[ Edited ]
1481     0

I am trying to automate the process of adding MAC addresses (with an appropriate name/comment) to one of our MAC Address Filters. 

I have retrieved the _ref of the MAC address filter I want to add to, I am just curious what the method would look like? Do I need to make a POST request to the _ref of the MAC filter I want to add to? 

Reading the WAPI documentation (/wapidoc/objects/filtermac.html#fields-list), I cannot see a field which specifies the actual MAC address. Any assistance would be appreciated, thank you. 

Re: How to add a new MAC Filter?

1482     0

The MAC addresses of a filter are a different object type, "macfilteraddress".

When adding a new MAC address to the filter "my_filter", the call will look like this:

curl -k1 -u admin:infoblox -X POST 'https://gm.example.net/wapi/v2.11/macfilteraddress?mac=00:01:de:ad:be:ef&filter=my_filter'

Re: How to add a new MAC Filter?

1482     0

Thanks a bunch! Admittedly, I discovered this part of the documentation moments after posting, haha. Thanks again.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You