Introducing SOC Insights for BloxOne Threat Defense: Boost your SOC efficiency with AI-driven insights to eliminate manual work and accelerate investigation and response times. Read the blog announcement here.

API & Integration, DevOps,NetOps,SecOps

How to add a new MAC Filter?

[ Edited ]
1184     0

I am trying to automate the process of adding MAC addresses (with an appropriate name/comment) to one of our MAC Address Filters. 

I have retrieved the _ref of the MAC address filter I want to add to, I am just curious what the method would look like? Do I need to make a POST request to the _ref of the MAC filter I want to add to? 

Reading the WAPI documentation (/wapidoc/objects/filtermac.html#fields-list), I cannot see a field which specifies the actual MAC address. Any assistance would be appreciated, thank you. 

Re: How to add a new MAC Filter?

1185     0

The MAC addresses of a filter are a different object type, "macfilteraddress".

When adding a new MAC address to the filter "my_filter", the call will look like this:

curl -k1 -u admin:infoblox -X POST 'https://gm.example.net/wapi/v2.11/macfilteraddress?mac=00:01:de:ad:be:ef&filter=my_filter'

Re: How to add a new MAC Filter?

1185     0

Thanks a bunch! Admittedly, I discovered this part of the documentation moments after posting, haha. Thanks again.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You