Introducing SOC Insights for BloxOne Threat Defense: Boost your SOC efficiency with AI-driven insights to eliminate manual work and accelerate investigation and response times. Read the blog announcement here.

API & Integration, DevOps,NetOps,SecOps

infoblox-client, AWX and python3

6593     0

Hi all, I'm having an issue getting the infoblox-client module to work inside AWX.  I have it installed in the ansible virtual environment and can even run a playbook utilizing nios inside that venv, but when I try to run the same play in AWX I get this error:

"msg": "An unhandled exception occurred while running the lookup plugin 'nios'. Error was a <class 'Exception'>, original message: infoblox-client is required but does not appear to be installed. It can be installed using the command `pip install infoblox-client`"

I see inside the ansible venv that it appears to be installed properly:

(ansible) bash-4.4# pip3 show infoblox-client
Name: infoblox-client
Version: 0.5.0
Summary: Client for interacting with Infoblox NIOS over WAPI
Home-page: https://github.com/infobloxopen/infoblox-client
Author: John Belamaric
Author-email: jbelamaric@infoblox.com
License: Apache
Location: /var/lib/awx/venv/ansible/lib/python3.6/site-packages
Requires: oslo.serialization, six, setuptools, requests, oslo.log, urllib3
Required-by:

I have also even tried adding a task at the top of the play to install the infoblox-client prior to the other tasks. The task confirms that infblox-client is installed, yet I still get the same error.  Is this a possible bug in python3?  Any help would be much appreciated!

Re: infoblox-client, AWX and python3

Adviser
6594     0

Hi,

Can you verify the python version that awx is using?

6594     0

I'm using python version 3.6.8, however I was able to find a solution.  There was a mismatch of installed modules between the virtual environment awx_web and awx_task containers.  Once I installed the missing modules for the venv on the awx_task container everything started working.  Might be something worth checking if anyone else comes across the issue.

6594     0

Hello,

What were your missing modules ?

In my containers (awx_task / awx_web) there are same modules... and I have installed infoblox-client with this command : "pip install infoblox-client"

Note : with "pip3 install infoblox-client" I have the same issue

"msg": "An unhandled exception occurred while running the lookup plugin 'nios'. Error was a <class 'Exception'>, original message: infoblox-client is required but does not appear to be installed. It can be installed using the command `pip install infoblox-client`"

I have no issue with my custom virtualenv and I have installed infoblox-client with the same command Smiley Sad

Is there an issue with python 3.6.8 ? (custom virtualenv works with python 3.8.5)

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You