Introducing SOC Insights for BloxOne Threat Defense: Boost your SOC efficiency with AI-driven insights to eliminate manual work and accelerate investigation and response times. Read the blog announcement here.

API & Integration, DevOps,NetOps,SecOps

schedule a task using WAPI like new record: host

[ Edited ]
Authority
4439     1
curl -k1 -u admin:infoblox -X POST 'https://192.168.1.2/wapi/v2.8/record:host?_schedinfo.scheduled_time=1560175175' -H "Content-Type: application/json" -d '{
"name": "host001.example.org",
"comment": "This is a comment for Host 001",
"ipv4addrs": [{"configure_for_dhcp": false,"ipv4addr": "10.20.30.209"}],
"view": "Internal",
"extattrs":{"2:Geraeteart":{"value":"PC"}} }'

Thanks to Mrichard for the Skript. I have tried executing the code, it was successful. But I would like to ask :

1.Why the approve and reject option are disabled

2.When I go to Administration->workflows-> view ,Why I dont see the edit options and values entered for the EA ?

How we could enable the edit option?

thanks

Re: schedule a task using WAPI like new record: host

4439     1

Approvals and rejections are part of a workflow, not a scheduled task.  A scheduled task could be created from a workflow but they are different things.

Authority
4440     1

Thanks for the reply.

Hence the scheduled task are not editable ie. their host names and IP addresses are not changable?

only option would be "execute now"?(I mean we havent configured approval workflow groups as of now)

[ Edited ]
4440     1

Hello, following the same post, I have a workflow in place which means I need to approve the requests. When I try to create a network for instance I cannot create it because the ticket number is a mandatory field but I cannot find a way to pass this my script:

curl -k1 -u admin:infoblox -X POST 'https://----------/wapi/v2.10/network' -H "Content-Type: application/json" -d \
'{
	"network": "172.16.105.0/24", 
	"network_view": "default",
	"comment": "Honolulu Datacenter", 
	"extattrs": {
		"EDM": {
			"value": "1010"
		}, 
		"TAM": {
			"value": "2020"
		}
	}
}'

"code": "Client.Ibap.Data.Conflict",
"text": "Approval is required for this operation. You must enter a comment and/or a ticket number."

4440     1

The ticket number needs to be placed in the arguments section of the URL. 

curl -k1 -u admin:infoblox -X POST 'https://----------/wapi/v2.10/network?_approvalinfo.ticket_number=202211060123' -H "Content-Type: application/json" -d \
'{
	"network": "172.16.105.0/24", 
	"network_view": "default",
	"comment": "Honolulu Datacenter", 
	"extattrs": {
		"EDM": {
			"value": "1010"
		}, 
		"TAM": {
			"value": "2020"
		}
	}