Introducing SOC Insights for BloxOne Threat Defense: Boost your SOC efficiency with AI-driven insights to eliminate manual work and accelerate investigation and response times. Read the blog announcement here.

Community Blog

469586097-660x454.jpg

Tips & Tricks: Getting the most out of the Community Part 4 (Keywords - Tags - Labels)

You've probably noticed the use of "labels" or "tags" throughout the site - represented by a word wrapped inside a gray box like this: Screen Shot 2015-10-22 at 9.04.30 AM.png

As you can imagine, clicking on the tag will display a page highlighting all content on the community with the particular label or tag (this example highlights "Automation").  

Screen Shot 2015-10-22 at 8.59.28 AM.png

So, what's interesting about "tags" on this site?

If you take a closer look at the screenshot above, you'll notice  you can actually subscribe to the tag itself.  You're not limited to subscribing to the Topic or Categories on a page (for example, Security, Cloud, Protocols found on the Forums page).  

The subscription options are endless.  Want to subscribe to "Automation" or "Perl" or "WAPI"?  Simply click on the tag, then click "subscribe."  It's that easy.  This tagging method is new to the site, so we're busy ensuring all forum topics receive a minimum of one tag between now and mid-November.

Manage your subscriptions  by clicking the my settings icon in the nav bar (near your avatar): Screen Shot 2015-10-22 at 9.19.48 AM.png

Questions?  We've got answers!  Reply with any comments or feedback, or send me a PM if you prefer.

Comments
Expert
‎11-10-2015 01:17 PM

Perhaps I didn't do it right, but I was only able to apply one tag to a new forum post.  The second one was ignored.

Adviser
‎11-10-2015 03:36 PM

Just click on the tag you want to include.  I tested this under your user account.

The image shows me logged in as you, and clicking multiple tags for inclusion in the post.  Let me know if you continue to run into difficulties.

Screen Shot 2015-11-10 at 3.32.05 PM.png

Eric

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: