Introducing SOC Insights for BloxOne Threat Defense: Boost your SOC efficiency with AI-driven insights to eliminate manual work and accelerate investigation and response times. Read the blog announcement here.

Getting Started

CNAME with multiple hostname/A record

25312     0

Hi,

I'm newbie with infoblox softwares and I try to automate my env using infoblox API (Version 2.3).

It's possible to create a cname record with multiples hostname/A record via API? I have access only in the API :/

Something like that:

A Records:

server01.foo.bar -> 192.168.0.10

server02.foo.bar -> 192.168.0.11

server03.foo.bar -> 192.168.0.12

CNAME Records:

servers.foo.bar

|-> server01.foo.bar

|-> server02.foo.bar

|-> server03.foo.bar

An example how I tring to use:

curl -k -u $user:$pass -X POST https://api.foo.bar/wapi/v2.3/record:cname/71c45751c6ecccbc527d55cb06a4430d71c45751c6ecccbc527d55cb06a4430d71c4575:servers.foo.bar/MyRegion -d '{"canonical":["server01.foo.bar","server02.foo.bar","server03.foo.bar"]}'

Re: CNAME with multiple hostname/A record

25313     0
A CNAME has to be unique, by RFC. As such, you can only add a single CNAME to point to a single FQDN (fully qualified domain name).

That said, you could either have “servers.foo.bar” be multiple A records (which is valid), and let those round-robin, or use DTC (DNS Traffic Manager, separate license) to achieve this with some added “smarts”, such as geo balancing, service monitoring, etc. Your sales team can assist you with a demo of DTC, if interested.

Want to about DNS zones & records types in brief

25313     0

Hi All, 

I am new to this community. Not found how to start to post. So just replying on this post.

I want to no anout DNZ zones & Records type. Please provide if any documents where it expalined to easy understand.

Re: Want to about DNS zones & records types in brief

[ Edited ]
Superuser
25313     0

Hello Pradeep,

Welcome to the Infoblox community & we’re sorry for the delayed response. I did not quite understand your question, would you please clarify ?

I want to no anout DNZ zones & Records type

Best regards.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You