Introducing SOC Insights for BloxOne Threat Defense: Boost your SOC efficiency with AI-driven insights to eliminate manual work and accelerate investigation and response times. Read the blog announcement here.

Network Change & Configuration Management

How to handle "Your connection is not private" problem?

3347     0

On my Chrome Windows browser I'm running into more and more sites where I get this warning: http://i.imgur.com/0pcsfbm.png I have tried everything I can think of to fix it (incognito mode, clearing cache, etc.). The only thing that works is switching browsers. Why is Chrome doing this?

Re: How to handle "Your connection is not private" problem?

3348     0

It could be a multitude of things. Like your date/time being wrong, or a virus, or a VPN, or a certificate chain error. Really hard to troubleshoot like this. I did notice that you are running Windows Vista... Maybe time for an upgrade?

3348     0

How to fix your connection is not private | net::err_cert_comamon_name_invalid error in google chrome

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2holnm5cRs

3348     0

It’s a message from your browser that informs you that the connection is not secure. The most common cause of “Your connection is not private” is an incorrect date & time set on your PC. Chrome makes sure that your computer’s clock matches the clock in a Google server farm, and if it doesn’t, will block the connection to HTTPS sites for security reasons.

To fix your issue, set your computer’s clock to the correct current time.

• Go to System Preferences
  • Choose Date & Time
  • Navigate to the Date & Time tab
  • Change the current time to the correct time (accurate to the nearest minute will do).

If it’s not your computer’s fault, it’s just a Chrome security feature. Chrome detects malicious activity going on with the site (like malware-laced ads, breach by hackers, etc.) and automatically warns you to protect you if it believes your security or safety might be at risk. If you want to override the warning, just hit Advanced -> Continue to site.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You