Introducing SOC Insights for BloxOne Threat Defense: Boost your SOC efficiency with AI-driven insights to eliminate manual work and accelerate investigation and response times. Read the blog announcement here.

NIOS DNS DHCP IPAM

Do Allocated Unused Networks Impact Anything

[ Edited ]
464     0

I took over an Infoblox installation where it is common practice to create mass networks that are not used anytime soon (if ever) and I'm wondering if it could cause performance issues or ???

We currently have 2,602 various sized unused subnets that comprise 982,350 total objects so the average unused network is a bit larger than a /24.  Consequently we have 9898 networks in use which account for 246,739 total objects with an average subnet size less than a /27.

One problem this causes is I can't be certain of what is actually in use and not discoverable.  I pretty sure it also causes performance issues for things like searches but wondering what are all the downsides of this practice?

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You

Businesses are investing heavily into securing company resources from cyber-attacks form cybercrimin