Introducing SOC Insights for BloxOne Threat Defense: Boost your SOC efficiency with AI-driven insights to eliminate manual work and accelerate investigation and response times. Read the blog announcement here.

NIOS DNS DHCP IPAM

Infoblox License Expires Information Discrepancy

2388     0

Hi,

I need a real quick confirmation regarding the license when it expires. Based on past experience, i have encountered an issue not able to make any changes to the infoblox when the license expired, and reporting GUI inaccessible.

But now, i read the document nios8.6, https://docs.infoblox.com/space/nios86/35763280/Managing+Licenses

it mentioned that

DNS: Existing functionality continues to work as is. Allows addition of new zones and networks.

Reporting functionality continues to work as is and reports update. If the license related to FireEye expires, old data does not show in the FireEye Alerts report.

But in this article, https://support.infoblox.com/s/article/10989, didnt mentioned anything about allow to add or reporting GUI inaccessible.

Please help to clear my confusion, issit the new subscription license with ver nios8.5 and above allow addition network,DNS, DHCP after license expired and any other impact?

Thanks

Shahrir

Re: Infoblox License Expires Information Discrepancy

Superuser
2388     0

Hello Shahrir,

Thank you for your inquiry. I am looking into your request and will provide feedback as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.

Best regards,

Bob Rose

Principal Product Marketing Manager

Infoblox NIOS DDI & Value-Added Services

Superuser
2389     0
On current (post 8.3) versions of NIOS, the grid remains functional, including GUI access. The Reporting server still works and reports can be run, but not on data that was collected during the period when the license is expired. If a data feed license expires, the data feed stops, but the feature that uses it (e.g. DNS Firewall) will continue to run using the data it has.

I hope this helps. Please keep us posted if you have further questions. Thank you.

Bob Rose
Principal Product Marketing Manager
NIOS DDI and Value-Added Services

2389     0

What about nios 8.6?

License is permanent but on grid wide the subscription is expired. We cannot run dashboard DNS domain queried etc.

Thanks

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You