Introducing SOC Insights for BloxOne Threat Defense: Boost your SOC efficiency with AI-driven insights to eliminate manual work and accelerate investigation and response times. Read the blog announcement here.

NIOS DNS DHCP IPAM

Unable to Start the Infoblox DDI while trying to deploy it in GNS3

[ Edited ]
3121     1

Hi Team,

I am receiving the below error when I tried to deploy the Infoblox 8.4.4 image in GNS3.

Requesting your assistance on the same.

error.PNG

"Fatal Error during Infoblox startup"

Re: Unable to Start the Infoblox DDI while trying to deploy it in GNS3

3121     1

This probably will not help much, but I started trying eve-ng community edition this weekend. I saw that same error when the nic card was not the correct selection in the image profile.  Perhaps you have something similar in GNS3?  

While I can boot and login to it with admin/infoblox, I have a problem of my own:  I set network and can ping it from the switches, but not traceroute or ssh (yet I have remote_console enabled) to it from the (aruba cx) switches. Good luck!

3121     1

BTW, I was trying 8.6.1, not your listed version.

3121     1

Good news... with all default settings, and using 2 Cisco viosL2 switches from my VIRL image iso, the infoblox works perfectly in EVE-NG with stock settings for this little lab: 2 Cisco virtual L2 switches, 1 Infoblox (either 8.4.4 or 8.6.1 work fine), 1 alpine linux and 1 vpc (stupid virtual pc for ping/traceroute).  Now all 3 tests work fine: ping, traceroute and ssh into the Infoblox.  I've tried Infoblox v8.4.4 from the archives (now EOS) and v8.6.1 (latest recommended version) and both work without issues.

Next up, copying the lab, making sure it works, then deleting the Cisco L2 switches to replace them with Aruba CX switches in EVE-NG (free community edition).  I'm worried I'm missing something key in the Aruba as I'm brand new to Aruba CX OS.

Again, I cannot comment on GNS3 (free sure, never tried it) but only the EVE-NG community edition (free) I started using Saturday.  I hope it at least gives you a possible working architecture, or helps in some other day.  Is it even applicable to you? Will your architecture plan be Cisco, Aruba virtual, or other vendor virtual switches with Infoblox DDI?

3122     1

I was trying 8.6.1, not your listed version.

3122     1

Hi , Which appliance you used in GNS3 for nIOS?

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You