Introducing SOC Insights for BloxOne Threat Defense: Boost your SOC efficiency with AI-driven insights to eliminate manual work and accelerate investigation and response times. Read the blog announcement here.

Reporting

Possible to grow volume on TR-5005 virtual reporting appliance?

Adviser
6810     1

I'd like to know if it's possible to grow the second volume (where reporting data is stored) on the virtual appliance TR-5005.  Since this is a virtual appliance I should be able to grow the volume in VMware and since NIOS is based on Linux I thought there might be access to a privleged command to grow the volume.  

Re: Possible to grow volume on TR-5005 virtual reporting appliance?

Techie
6811     1

It seems that we cannot enlarge the disk size of TR5005.

Alternatively, you can backup the reporting data and then disconnect the TR5005. Provision another TR5005 with a larger disk volumn to join into the Grid using the same IP information. After the service is running, you can restore the reporting data into the new TR5005.

6811     1

Just adding to the previous update that there is a feature enhancement request (RFE-8119) which is still open with Infoblox Engineering to support resizing of reporting storage in VMs

Authority
6811     1

To my knowledge(if I recall correctly), TR-5005 appliances are the only model that allow resizing the reporting partition after enabling the reporting service on it. I say, its worth a shot to try expanding the 2nd storage after shutting down the VM (also take a reporting data backup- just in case).

Authority
6811     1

That's right, we can only resize the TR-5005

6811     1

you say it is possible. How???
we can enlarge the VM yes, but on the reporting member it stays the same.

Techie
6811     1

i have tested that the 5005 storage can be enlarged, but Infoblox cannot detect the change of volume.

alternative, i sugget to backup all report data in Grid and then disconnect the existing 5005. Deploy a new v5005 with larger storage to re-join the Grid. finally, restore the report data to the Grid

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You