Infoblox’s global team of threat hunters uncovers a DNS operation with the ability to bypass traditional security measures and control the Great Firewall of China. Read about “Muddling Meerkat” and the many other threat actors discovered by Infoblox Threat Intel here.

Reporting

Possible to grow volume on TR-5005 virtual reporting appliance?

Adviser
6419     0

I'd like to know if it's possible to grow the second volume (where reporting data is stored) on the virtual appliance TR-5005.  Since this is a virtual appliance I should be able to grow the volume in VMware and since NIOS is based on Linux I thought there might be access to a privleged command to grow the volume.  

Re: Possible to grow volume on TR-5005 virtual reporting appliance?

Techie
6419     0

It seems that we cannot enlarge the disk size of TR5005.

Alternatively, you can backup the reporting data and then disconnect the TR5005. Provision another TR5005 with a larger disk volumn to join into the Grid using the same IP information. After the service is running, you can restore the reporting data into the new TR5005.

6419     0

Just adding to the previous update that there is a feature enhancement request (RFE-8119) which is still open with Infoblox Engineering to support resizing of reporting storage in VMs

Authority
6419     0

To my knowledge(if I recall correctly), TR-5005 appliances are the only model that allow resizing the reporting partition after enabling the reporting service on it. I say, its worth a shot to try expanding the 2nd storage after shutting down the VM (also take a reporting data backup- just in case).

Authority
6420     0

That's right, we can only resize the TR-5005

6420     0

you say it is possible. How???
we can enlarge the VM yes, but on the reporting member it stays the same.

Techie
6420     0

i have tested that the 5005 storage can be enlarged, but Infoblox cannot detect the change of volume.

alternative, i sugget to backup all report data in Grid and then disconnect the existing 5005. Deploy a new v5005 with larger storage to re-join the Grid. finally, restore the report data to the Grid

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You