Infoblox’s global team of threat hunters uncovers a DNS operation with the ability to bypass traditional security measures and control the Great Firewall of China. Read about “Muddling Meerkat” and the many other threat actors discovered by Infoblox Threat Intel here.

Reporting

"Authorization failed" error when trying access Reporting tab

Authority
7817     0

Hi All,

I am getting an error, "Authorization failed. This user is not authorized to access the Reporting service.
User does not have adequate permission to access the App" when I try access the reporting tab.

- This is not a new setup, this was in production and it was working.

- I am getting this error when I am logging in as a super user

- Tried creating new user and provided the access(Read Write) access and tried.

- Disabled and re-enabled the Indexing and checked.

- Restarted the reporting service and checked.

I think this an issue with the Reporting App permission and not the general permission. Is there any way to fix it. Maybe like reset the reporting app?

Regards,

Depthcharge

Re: "Authorization failed" error when trying access Reporting tab

[ Edited ]
Superuser
7817     0

Hello Gokuldas,

As a super-user group is facing the trouble, I suspect someone might have accidentally removed the privilege from Reporting -> Administration -> Permissions OR from Home dashboard permissions. Try restoring the 'Infoblox Reporting & Analytics App' backup if you have a good one taken before. So when you take a NIOS backup, you got 3 options : NIOS data/Infoblox Reporting & Analytics App/Discovered data. While restoring the grid, you have the same set of options as well. Just select 'Infoblox Reporting & Analytics App' data to be restored & you should be good from there.

I strongly recommend working with Infoblox Technical Support to test/verify this before you do this in a production server. I hope that would help you get back up soon! 

All the best.

Re: "Authorization failed" error when trying access Reporting tab

Authority
7817     0

Resotring solved the problem for me.

Very pleased to have received you assistance.

Regards,

Depthcharge Smiley Happy

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You