Introducing SOC Insights for BloxOne Threat Defense: Boost your SOC efficiency with AI-driven insights to eliminate manual work and accelerate investigation and response times. Read the blog announcement here.

VMware

vRA 7.6 and Infoblox plugin 4.4.1

9239     0

When we deploy a vm which has an infoblox network profile attached the machine got deleted right after provisioning. IP address is assigned, machine pingable. No other workflow is attached. Just plain cloning in vcenter. Anybody else has the problem or a similar?

Re: vRA 7.6 and Infoblox plugin 4.4.1

Adviser
9239     0

It sounds like the deployment is failing at some point. If you were doing this deployment through vRA and the Infoblox plugin was involved, you would want to look at the execution information to see at what stage it is failing and then get the corresponding workflow logs to see the exact failure cause.

Since this is a clone through vCenter, Infoblox is not involved with the process and you would need to review the vCenter logs to get a better understanding for why it is failing. If needed, VMware support might be able to give you better guidance regarding that.

Regards,

Tony

9239     0

Hi Tony,

a call with vmware is already open, they did not found any error message is the logs. The thing is that this is not happening, when we use a vRA IPAM-Network profile. So the assumption is that something is not being passed to the masterworkflow in vRA, which is causing the masterworkflow to run the disposing.

9240     0

To add more on the design side. Infoblox does not officially support vRA 7.6 for 4.4.1 plugin.

9240     0

@aaruldas wrote:

To add more on the design side. Infoblox does not officially support vRA 7.6 for 4.4.1 plugin.

The thing is that this is not happening, when we use a vRA IPAM-Network profile. So the assumption is that something is not being passed to the My Wegmans Connect masterworkflow in vRA, which is causing the masterworkflow to run the disposing. 

[ Edited ]
9240     0

You would want to look at the execution information to see at what stage it is failing and then get the corresponding workflow logs to see the exact failure cause. Since this is a clone through vCenter, Infoblox is not involved with the process and you would need to review the vCenter logs to get a better understanding for why it is failing. 

9240     0

Hello,

I have a question on INFOBLOX version and VMware VRA.

Today we use this version “8.3.4-381259” with VRA 7.5, but we want upgrade to VRA 7.6.

What is the infoblox version compatible with VRA 7.6 ?

What is the plugin version for VRA 7.6  ?

Superuser
9240     0

Hello,

We recently released the new Infoblox IPAM Plugin for VMware which works with vRO/vRA 7.6. The plugin version is 4.5.0. It is compatible with Infoblox NIOS versions 8.3.x, 8.4.x, and 8.5.x. The plugin is available for download on the Infoblox support site and the download includes release notes with further details on compatibility and features.

Regards,

Jason

9240     0

We had a similar issue with the plugin. I tested for a week deploying serveral servers per day without issue. I moved into the production environment and after a VM was provisioned it would get destroyed.  After debugging my brains out I realized that when I was working in the lab I was only deploying Linux VMs but in production I was deploying Windows.

After Googling for hours I finally tracked it down to the Windows network adapter registering the connections address in dns. This update was deleting the Extensible Attributes in the Infoblox object that the plugin uses to manage the records. When the Infoblox Update workflow ran and the record did not have the Extensible Attributes it expected to see vRO would destroy the VM.

The simple way to get around this is to uncheck the "Register this connection's address in DNS" option in the Advanced->DNS tab of your network adapter. I tested this solution and it did work however we could not use this as a permanent fix due to our SQL Server failover setup. Instead we have to write an API call to mark the DNS record as "ddns_protected" immediately after the IP is allocated to prevent the Extensible Attributes from being deleted when the Windows server self registers.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You