Introducing SOC Insights for BloxOne Threat Defense: Boost your SOC efficiency with AI-driven insights to eliminate manual work and accelerate investigation and response times. Read the blog announcement here.

API & Integration, DevOps,NetOps,SecOps

import lease

6039     0

Hello 

We are migrating 2 grids from Infoblox 6.10 to Infoblox 8.2.

We will decommission the grid with 6.10 because the hardware is not supported anymore .

I would like to migrate the Lease .I can export without issue but I am unable to import .CSV Import is not supported

Can somebody help ?

Re: import lease

[ Edited ]
6039     0

You cannot import leases, clients need to get a new lease from the new server.  How many networks do you have to move?  If it's just a handful and you can do them by hand, you could move half a range at a time and keep both servers running.  If there's a lot then you might need to move them all at once.

6039     0

We plan to move all networks at the same time .

The idea is that after the migration the client should keep the same ip .

Ho wis it possible to import lease via DIW for Microsoft server and not from Infoblox to Infoblox 

6039     0

DIW does not import leases either.   If clients need to keep the same IP address, they should have DHCP fixed addresses instead.  The nature of DHCP is that addresses are assigned dynamically, and even without a migration there is no guarantee they will keep the same address forever.

However there is a very good chance clients will get the same addresses after migration.  They will request their previous address and the Infoblox appliance will honor the request if the address is available.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You