Introducing SOC Insights for BloxOne Threat Defense: Boost your SOC efficiency with AI-driven insights to eliminate manual work and accelerate investigation and response times. Read the blog announcement here.

API & Integration, DevOps,NetOps,SecOps

Not able to GET custom DHCP options

1267     0

Hello,

Can someone tell me why I don't see all custom DHCP options when I issue a call like this:

curl -k -u adminSmiley Tongueassword -X GET https://1.1.1.1/wapi/v2.3.1/network/ZG5zLm5ldHdvcmskMTAuNjAuNTAuMC8yNC8w?_return_fields%2B=options

I only seem to get a basic list of options (DNS servers, router, lease time) or more confusingly a mix of basic and custom options but not the full list.

Thanks for your help,

Mike

Re: Not able to GET custom DHCP options

Techie
1267     0

Hi Mike, did you get a response on this? Or have you figured out a solution? I ran into the exact same problem. I would appreciate it if you could shed some light. If not I will open a ticket with their support. Thanks

1268     0

The "options" field will return all the DHCP options assigned directly to the network.  It will not show any options inherited from higher levels like network containers, DHCP members, or the grid level.

Techie
1268     0

Thanks Richard. However, the option is assigned to the lower level, which is the range (IPv4 DHCP Range) itself. Please see the attached screenshot for the config. 

dhcp range options.png

1268     0

For best practices and consistency, options should not be assigned to the range, but instead assigned to the network. 

To view any options assigned to the range, you will want to request the range option including the options field.

Techie
1268     0

Totally agree... However, this is the condition when I received this work...

Here is my URL for the API call with the postman. I already included the options field... 

{{url}}/range?_return_as_object=0&_return_fields=network,name,start_addr,end_addr,comment,network_view,disable,enable_ddns,exclude,options,nextserver,static_hosts,subscribe_settings,comment,ms_server,server_association_type,use_ms_options,is_split_scope&network_view=Suncor_Infoblox&network=10.129.132.0/24&_inheritance=True

1268     0

Also having the same issue

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You