Infoblox’s global team of threat hunters uncovers a DNS operation with the ability to bypass traditional security measures and control the Great Firewall of China. Read about “Muddling Meerkat” and the many other threat actors discovered by Infoblox Threat Intel here.

API & Integration, DevOps,NetOps,SecOps

Set "additional_ip_list" of member:dns via WAPI failed with error "expected single object, got 2"

3785     0

I have 2 grid members.

For both members, I configured anycast IP 10.240.240.6 

1.jpg

Then I call WAPI with the request below to add the IP to additional_ip_list

{
  "additional_ip_list": ["10.240.240.6"]
}

but got such an error

{ "Error": "AdmConDataError: expected single object, got 2", 
  "code": "Client.Ibap.Data", 
  "text": "expected single object, got 2"
}

After I remove one of the anycast IP or change one of them o 10.240.240.7, the problem disappear.

I think this should be a WAPI bug. 

Is there a workaround for this problem?

Re: Set "additional_ip_list" of member:dns via WAPI failed with error "expected sin

Adviser
3785     0

Hi,

Could you please send the API call that you are using?

Meanwhile, this is the WAPI I use to add the anycast IP to a member.

curl -k -u admin:Infoblox -H 'content-type: application/json' -X PUT "https://127.0.0.1/wapi/v2.10/member/b25lLnZpcnR1YWxfbm9kZSQw:infoblox.localdomain?_return_fields%2B=additional_ip_list&_return_as_object=1" -d '{"additional_ip_list":[{"anycast":true,"interface":"LOOPBACK","ipv4_network_setting":{"subnet_mask": "255.255.255.255","address": "192.128.2.10","gateway":"192.128.2.1"}}]}'

Thanks and Regards,

Krishna Vasudevan

Re: Set "additional_ip_list" of member:dns via WAPI failed with error "expected sin

[ Edited ]
3786     0

my request is:

PUT https://${baseurl}/wapi/v2.9.1/member:dns/${memberId}

{ "additional_ip_list": ["10.240.240.6"] }

The anycast IP was pre-configured in the system.

What I want to do is to add/remove the IP.

I also tried your sample, and got such error response:

{ "Error": "AdmConProtoError: Invalid value for additional_ip_list: {\"interface\": \"LOOPBACK\", \"ipv4_network_setting\": {\"subnet_mask\": \"255.255.255.255\", \"gateway\": \"10.240.240.1\", \"address\": \"10.240.240.6\"}, \"anycast\": true}: Must be string type", "code": "Client.Ibap.Proto", "text": "Invalid value for additional_ip_list: {\"interface\": \"LOOPBACK\", \"ipv4_network_setting\": {\"subnet_mask\": \"255.255.255.255\", \"gateway\": \"10.240.240.1\", \"address\": \"10.240.240.6\"}, \"anycast\": true}: Must be string type" }

Adviser
3786     0

Hi,

In my sample, i used the member object and not the member:dns object. Could you change that and check?

In member:dns, the additional_ip_list indicates the list of additional IP addresses on which DNS is enabled for a Grid member.

[ Edited ]
Anonymous
Not applicable
3786     0

Could you please send the API call that you are using?

Sarkari Result Pnr Status 192.168.1.1

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You