Infoblox’s global team of threat hunters uncovers a DNS operation with the ability to bypass traditional security measures and control the Great Firewall of China. Read about “Muddling Meerkat” and the many other threat actors discovered by Infoblox Threat Intel here.

Automation Scripts

Detect a device reboot and run a trigger script

Authority
4350     0

I have a Cisco bug I need to work around until the issue is permanently resolved. The issue is that we loose the ability to pull QoS data over SNMP after a device reboots when a certain code version and hardware module combination are on the device until we remove and re-add the QoS policy from the interface. I am wanting to detect if a device that matches the model and hardware has recently rebooted and automatically remove and re-add the qos policy until we get a permanently solution. We have a NOC SOP but I prefer to automate if possible. Anyway to detect a recent reboot and run a CCS script?

Re: Detect a device reboot and run a trigger script

Expert
4350     0

Have you looked at having the Device Recently Restarted issue trigger a scripted job.  The script could have a script-filter that limits it to running on the affected devices.  You could probably create a basic device group for those based on the attributes you mentioned.

Re: Detect a device reboot and run a trigger script

[ Edited ]
Expert
4350     0

I like Marty's idea, but you can also check for the well known variable called $device_devicereboottime as well in the script.  Should be in YYYY-MM-DD HH:MMSmiley FrustratedS format.  If Python, drop the preceeding '$'.

The Python script then could run the CCS job.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You