Introducing SOC Insights for BloxOne Threat Defense: Boost your SOC efficiency with AI-driven insights to eliminate manual work and accelerate investigation and response times. Read the blog announcement here.

Getting Started

Ansible Play to add a Host Address without changing the existing addresses

6902     0

I am trying to add an additional address to an exisitng host record with an ansible playbook, I can not find an appropriate function either under the Nios Plugins under ansible 2.5 or under the infoblox.py functions. All of these seem to be intent on adding a new host record entirely. Currently everything I have tried seems to replace the existing host record with a new one that has the single IP address that I am trying to add. I have been able to successfully obtain the next record in a subnet, and then use that in a separate play, so I know that I have connectivity, and the api functionality is working. Any Help would be appreciated.

Re: Ansible Play to add a Host Address without changing the existing addresses

6902     0

This is not currently supported. I would suggest opening a github issue (https://github.com/ansible/ansible/issues) with this as a feature request.

Techie
6902     0

Is this feature actually supported from NIOS side, coz I have tried adding an IP address to existing host record and I get the error that: The record 'xyz' already exists. and this request I am firing directly via rest client and also via NIOS web UI. Can someone please update/clarify the behavior. Thanks

Techie
6902     0

You should be able to add an IP address to an existing host record (both through REST and Grid Manager UI).

It is, however, not possible to do this via Ansible and this is a known issue (as far as I know).

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You