Introducing SOC Insights for BloxOne Threat Defense: Boost your SOC efficiency with AI-driven insights to eliminate manual work and accelerate investigation and response times. Read the blog announcement here.

Network Change & Configuration Management

Issues with SNMP Collection & Config Credential when discovering Cisco SG350 switch

[ Edited ]
832     0

I just recently managed to successfully discover a Cisco SG350 switch in NetMRI earlier today, however it looks like there are 2 errors being seen on the management status page.  The 2 errors are for SNMP Collection & Config Credential, which I've pasted below:

SNMP Collection - Failed to collect data / Table: Memory Last Timestamp: 2020-03-13 11:42:34

Config Credential - Failed to authenticate / Invalid username and/or password Last Timestamp: 2020-03-13 10:39:45

I'm not sure where to start regarding the error collecting data via SNMP, but I found it strange that the error for Config Credential says "Failed to authenticate".  When I saw this error, I ran a test from the CLI Credentials section which came back successful when running the test.

Test Starting
Testing username and password only
+++ SSH: Trying [<snipped>] [<snipped>] ......... OK
  +++ SSH: Credentials Successful [<snipped>] [<snipped>] +++ Discovered working credential for device after testing 1 credentials
No enable password was supplied. Testing if enable mode is available without an enable password

When I run Discover Now from the Management Status section, it also indicates that the supplied credentials from the CLI Credentials section works.

Determining CLI credentials for device
+++ SSH: Trying current creds...
+++ SSH: Trying [hawaiiantel] [wdaya3667!] ....... OK
+++ SSH: Trying current enable password...
+++ SSH: Trying [hawaiiantel] [wdaya3667!] . FAILED
+++ SSH: Trying Enable Passwords [Username] [Password] enable [Enable Password]
+++ SSH: Trying [hawaiiantel] [wdaya3667!] . FAILED
+++ SSH: Trying [hawaiiantel] [wdaya3667!] enable [**********] FAILED
FAILED
+++ Checking SSH Port OK
+++ SSH: Trying Standard Logins [Username] / [Password]
+++ SSH: Trying [<snipped>] [<snipped>] FAILED
+++ SSH: Trying [<snipped>] [<snipped>] ........ FAILED
+++ SSH: Trying [<snipped>] [<snipped>] ........ FAILED
+++ SSH: Trying [<snipped>] [<snipped>] ..... OK
+++ SSH: Trying current enable password...
+++ SSH: Trying [<snipped>] [<snipped>] . FAILED
+++ SSH: Trying Enable Passwords [Username] [Password] enable [Enable Password]
+++ SSH: Trying [<snipped>] [<snipped>] . FAILED
+++ SSH: Trying [<snipped>] [<snipped>] enable [***********] FAILED
<snipped>
FAILED
+++ SSH: Trying [<snipped>] [<snipped>] ....... FAILED
+++ SSH: Trying [<snipped>] [<snipped>] ....... FAILED
+++ SSH: Trying [<snipped>] [<snipped>] FAILED
<snipped>
+++ All Credentials Failed
+++ No working CLI credentials discovered out of 15 tested for device

As can be seen above in the snippet pasted from the Discovery output, there was indeed ONE set of credentials that worked and came back OK but at the end of the section it says ALL credentials failed.  Why is this?

Has anyone else run into these issues when attempting to have NetMRI manage Cisco SG-series switches?  Any suggestions on what can be done to troubleshoot these errors or fix them?

Please let me know if there is more information needed to help resolve this issue.

Re: Issues with SNMP Collection & Config Credential when discovering Cisco SG350 switch

Adviser
833     0

I edited your post to remove any signs of credentials you might have missed, feel free to reach out to support in order to get this reviewed as a device-level set credential might be the root cause.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You