Infoblox’s global team of threat hunters uncovers a DNS operation with the ability to bypass traditional security measures and control the Great Firewall of China. Read about “Muddling Meerkat” and the many other threat actors discovered by Infoblox Threat Intel here.

Network Change & Configuration Management

Trying to create 2 device groups based on similar multiple criteria. 1 works fine, the other doesn't

1007     1

Trying to create 2 device groups based on similar multiple criteria. 1 works fine, the other doesn't.

Custom Flag checks for specific VLANs on a switch and turns teh flag on if present.

Group 1 uses the custom flag and existing paramaters and seems to be working just fine.

$custom_VLANSEXISTS eq 'TRUE' and $Name like /TEST1/ or $Name like /TEST2/ or $Name like /TEST3/

When I create Group 2 that exludes the names to sort out those from the list, it doesn't work and inclues multiple devices that don't match the first criteria:

$custom_VLANSEXISTS eq 'TRUE' and $Name not like /TEST1/ or $Name not like /TEST2/ or $Name not like /TEST3/

Tried various formats of the same criteria above without success. 

$custom_VLANSEXISTS eq 'TRUE' and ($Name not like /TEST1/ or $Name not like /TEST2/ or $Name not like /TEST3/) - FAILED

Re: Trying to create 2 device groups based on similar multiple criteria. 1 works fine, the other doe

Expert
1007     1

First, the parenthesis that you included in your first example are required for the affirmative test -- where any of the three patterns are matched.  Otherwise the boolean order of operations would first evaluate the "and", followed by the two "or" conditions.

If I understand correctly, you want to omit devices that match any of the three name patterns.  For the negative match, you need to use:

$Name not like /TEST1/ and $Name not like /TEST2/ and $Name not like /TEST3/

Since those are all "and" conditions, the parenthesis are not needed.

HTH,

-Marty

Re: Trying to create 2 device groups based on similar multiple criteria. 1 works fine, the other doe

1008     1

Awesome, thanks that was it. Not sure why I didn't go that route. I apprecaite your help.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You