Infoblox’s global team of threat hunters uncovers a DNS operation with the ability to bypass traditional security measures and control the Great Firewall of China. Read about “Muddling Meerkat” and the many other threat actors discovered by Infoblox Threat Intel here.

NIOS DNS DHCP IPAM

API call to find the parent container for a network

1876     1

I was looking for an API call to get the parent container details for a existing network in DHCP/IPAM.

To elaborate more, say I have a network named 10.41.1.0/24. I need to get the parent container for the same (eg: 10.41.0.0/16) by querying with the network CIDR.

Is it possible to get this?

Re: API call to find the parent container for a network

Superuser
1877     1

Hi JMZ991,

You can fetch the parent container details by appending "_return_fields=network_container" to your query.

Below is an sample curl command for your given example

curl --location --request GET 'https://<grid-master>/wapi/v2.12/network?network~=10.41.1.0/24&_return_fields%2b=network_container' \
--header 'Authorization: Basic YWRtaW46aW5mb2Jsb3g='
Shukran

1877     1

Hi Everyone, 

In the same concept, what is the API to get only the network container with the extensible attributes? A container without any network. 

I can do a GET in a network container if I have a network that belongs to the same container. But I cannot do the GET in the container itself. 

Thanks, Dan

Superuser
1877     1

To find a network container, you specify the object type as networkcontainer instead of network. For example, the following curl command will return network container(s) with EA of Site equal to HQ.

curl -k -u <username>:<password> -X GET "https://<grid-master>/wapi/v2.12/networkcontainer?_return_fields%2B=extattrs&*Site%3A=HQ&_return_as_object=1"
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You

Demo: Infoblox IPAM plug-in integration with OpenStack Newton