Introducing SOC Insights for BloxOne Threat Defense: Boost your SOC efficiency with AI-driven insights to eliminate manual work and accelerate investigation and response times. Read the blog announcement here.

NIOS DNS DHCP IPAM

CAA - shared record groups

3055     0

At my company we currently host over 800 external facing DNS zones, and I want to add blank CAA records to about 775 of them. It seems obvious we should use shared record groups for CAA records just like we do for TXT records, A records and a number of other "default" values - its so so convenient!

Problem is with CAA records (and a few others) is you need to specify the domain name in the record, and there doesnt seem to be a way to generically do that with shared record groups as they stand today (thats likely why CAA doesnt show up in the shared record dropdown) - I was hoping for some kind of variable or @ that would work so that I dont have to create every single one by hand. Thoughts? Or am I totally missing something here?

Re: CAA - shared record groups

Adviser
3055     0

Hi,

CAA shared records are currently not supported in NIOS. My recommendation is to create a ticket with support to create a feature enhancement request (RFE) for this.Once the RFE is created, your Infoblox Account Team representative can interface with Product Management to prioritize the request.

Regards,

Sandeep

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You