Infoblox’s global team of threat hunters uncovers a DNS operation with the ability to bypass traditional security measures and control the Great Firewall of China. Read about “Muddling Meerkat” and the many other threat actors discovered by Infoblox Threat Intel here.

NIOS DNS DHCP IPAM

DDNS Client Update "denied"

Techie
3847     0

I'm trying to get DDNS properly configured in my environment. I'm using DHCP and DNS on NIOS. However, when a test client does ipconfig /registerdns I get this:

client @0x7f37900cc860 172.26.13.249#56652: update 'lab.local/IN' denied

For the life of me I can't figure out what setting is denying the update. I have DNS properties configured for GSS-TSIG keys. But I don't think it's even getting that far.

Ideas?

Re: DDNS Client Update "denied"

Expert
3847     0

Have you configured the zone to allow DDNS update, or GSS-TSIG updates? The default is to not allow any updates.

Paul Roberts
PCN (UK) Ltd

All opinions expressed are my own and not representative of PCN Inc./PCN (UK) Ltd. E&OE

Re: DDNS Client Update "denied"

Superuser
3848     0

Hi,

You mention that you already configured the gss-tsig key, i assume you already have the active directory environment.

1. Have you correctly create the keytab from the domain controller?

2. Have you check on logs and filters about gss-tsig event? can you share?

3. Have you properly configured the gss-tsig properties?

and you can follow this guide too: https://www.infoblox.com/wp-content/uploads/infoblox-deployment-guide-enable-and-configuring-gss-tsi...

Thanks

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You