Introducing SOC Insights for BloxOne Threat Defense: Boost your SOC efficiency with AI-driven insights to eliminate manual work and accelerate investigation and response times. Read the blog announcement here.

NIOS DNS DHCP IPAM

DIW DHCP import and migrate DHCP from MS windows servers to NOIS 8.5

4591     0

Hi

I'm trying to migrate DHCP from MS windows servers to NOIS 8.5

But I'm not sure of the process of migration and What requirements should  I ask for?

What's needed from the Microsoft team?

And,,, what are the steps for a migration plan.

That's very new to me and I need a road map for these steps.

Re: DIW DHCP import and migrate DHCP from MS windows servers to NOIS 8.5

[ Edited ]
Superuser
4591     0

Hello Moureg,

Infoblox has a utility for this called the DIW. You may download this tool from this link based on your NIOS distribution. Once you have the utility, this document should help you get started/move forward. Its fair straight forward, but has to be done cautiously.

Note : If you're fair new to Infoblox, I'd recommend practicing the migration in a Lab set up & then move the same stuffs to production. Hope this would be off help

Best regards,

4591     0

Thanks a lot, Mohamed for your insights.

Techie
4592     0

Depending on how your grid is configured you need to be aware of an undocumented Infoblox "feature".

For example, if you are reading DHCP scope data into your grid via a MS connector you cannot simply convert that scope in place and start serving leases from Infoblox.

You will need to either first delete the scope from the MS server or remove the server from the grid before the grid will allow that scope to be configured for Infoblox use.

Depending on the amount of scopes you have to migrate deleting the server from the grid allows you to have a safety net to fall back to since you will not need to recreate your scopes.

The DIW tool is better than nothing but it is not intuitively obvious to use.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You