Introducing SOC Insights for BloxOne Threat Defense: Boost your SOC efficiency with AI-driven insights to eliminate manual work and accelerate investigation and response times. Read the blog announcement here.

NIOS DNS DHCP IPAM

Identity Mapping Deployment

3490     0

I'm looking to deploy and stand up Identity Mapping in my Environment.  I'm not seeing any technical documentation on utilization or overhead on iniitally turning up the option within Grid Master.  If I have 10,000 users do I need to be concerned about utilization of the device, DHCP Lease issues, or DNS issues when I deploy Identity Mapping? Does anyone have any estimates on when I will learn the entire environment. 

I do plan on rolling this out off hours during a scheduled mainteannce window.

Thanks,

Re: Identity Mapping Deployment

3490     0

Secondary Follow up Question - 

https://docs.infoblox.com/display/NAG8/Configuring+Identity+Mapping

Documentation states that a MS Management License is not needed however it appears that features are lost.  Has anyone released deployed without the License and is there any benefit without having the license? 

End Goal is to see Users Logged in / off with timestamps. 

Thanks,

Authority
3490     0

Hi,

I have set it up without MS management license.

You need to activate the identity mapping option under the grid options and then restart the GUI.

This will activate the option to add the microsoft servers.

In reply to your performance question. You should consider the limitation for MS Management in regards to the maximum number of servers you add to your grid. Also, is your grid master seperate or is it running services? If it is running services I would thread lightly and start slow.

3490     0

The Grid Master I have is currently setup as it's own seperate appliance so I don't feel there should be an issue. 

Without MS Management License are you getting benefit from the option turned on?

[ Edited ]
3490     0

Hi Denver,

There is no difference to identity mapping functionality with or without MS_MGMT license. The feature works with or without it.

The MS_MGMT license simply provides you additional capabilities such as the ability to sync DNS/DHCP/AD Sites and subnets data from AD and manage them via Infoblox UI.

Best Regards,

Bibin Thomas

Expert
3490     0

Is anyone using this feature in production?

I am trying to get it working in my lab but the only user I see being reported is the user account that is being used for synchronisation by Infoblox itself, I just can't get a user account displayed that I am using to log onto a domain client with. Everything seems to be working but it just doesn't seem to be picking up the logon event (I can see them in the event log on the domain controller).

Paul Roberts
PCN (UK) Ltd

All opinions expressed are my own and not representative of PCN Inc./PCN (UK) Ltd. E&OE
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You