Introducing SOC Insights for BloxOne Threat Defense: Boost your SOC efficiency with AI-driven insights to eliminate manual work and accelerate investigation and response times. Read the blog announcement here.

NIOS DNS DHCP IPAM

766     0

Hi team, 

I need to know if it is possible to restore backup from different versions of Infoblox, in detail for a customer I need to import the configuration from version 7.3.16 to 8.5.3.

Is it possible to do it ?

If it will not possible to recover the configuration I need to import single information

of the services ?

Many thanks for your time.

Paolo

Re: Infoblox

[ Edited ]
Superuser
766     0

Hello Paolo,

I've done this before but my backups were from the same major release. For example : I could restore backup from 8.4.2 to a system running on 8.4.6 etc. But in this case 7.3 v/s 8.5 might have considerable changes in the onedb schema. Have you considered restoring the backup in a 7.3 system itself & just upgrade that system to 8.5.3 ? Depending on upgrade paths available for 8.5.3(Which you could find within its release notes), you might need to consider step upgrades. But if you may want to do this often(For migration trials etc), I agree that this procedure could be a pain.

Best regards,

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You