Infoblox’s global team of threat hunters uncovers a DNS operation with the ability to bypass traditional security measures and control the Great Firewall of China. Read about “Muddling Meerkat” and the many other threat actors discovered by Infoblox Threat Intel here.

NIOS DNS DHCP IPAM

Override public resolution

248     0

I need to override a public record of a domain example: invent.google.com to resolve to a custom ip, but allow all other resolutions on the google.com domain to continue as normal.

Re: Override public resolution

Superuser
248     0

A local Response Policy Zone (RPZ) could work for this. Add a Substitute (Record) Rule for invent.google.com, pointing to the desired IP address. https://docs.infoblox.com/space/nios90/280269891/Configuring+Rules+for+RPZs#Managing-Substitute-(Rec...

Re: Override public resolution

249     0

Thank you in advance,
my doubt is that I need to previously create the google.com zone to then create the invent.google.com registry, and being the same ip origins I do not know if it will affect the global domain google.com.
I need time.google.com to resolve over the internet and invent.google.com, but it is the solution that comes closest.

Thanks again

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You