Introducing SOC Insights for BloxOne Threat Defense: Boost your SOC efficiency with AI-driven insights to eliminate manual work and accelerate investigation and response times. Read the blog announcement here.

NIOS DNS DHCP IPAM

Query Refused

13329     0

I am getting a message of Query Refused when i nslookup a domain towards my Infoblox DNS Server. 

Domain is not blocked, why i am getting the message of Query Refused. 

Wherease i can resolve it from Google Server. 

Re: Query Refused

[ Edited ]
13329     0

1. Based on match-clients list, your client IP falls in the wrong DNS View, where recursion is disabled.
AND/OR
2. You are in the right DNS View but recursion is disabled.
AND/OR
3. You IP is denied by an ACL.

Best Regards,

Bibin Thomas

13329     0

I have the same problem.

Recusion is not disabled and my IP is not denied by an ACL.

I have a standalone Infoblox in our test-environment which is configured to forward the queries to production Infoblox. The queries to internet-names get refused by the test-Infoblox, don't get forwarded. What is wrong?

13330     0

OMG, are you kidding me? We did a lab cleanout at work and I brought home an old grid box we were trashing so I could use it track and do dns for my virtual labs. Anyway, no matter what I did, all queries were denied. I tried named ACLs and a set of manually defined ACE's, no change...everything was denied. I was reading online docs and I kept seeing by default queries were allowed. For kicks I decided to set "allow queries from..." "none" and everything started working. Could they have possibly done anything more counter-intuitive than this? How about "All" or "No ACL" or "Unrestricted"?? "Allow queries from..." and then clicking a radio button labled "None" sure seems like it means allow from none.

I can't believe this hasn't generated a zillion support tickets. Who does this?

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You