Infoblox’s global team of threat hunters uncovers a DNS operation with the ability to bypass traditional security measures and control the Great Firewall of China. Read about “Muddling Meerkat” and the many other threat actors discovered by Infoblox Threat Intel here.

NIOS DNS DHCP IPAM

Using next_available_ip WAPI call, how does NIOS determine if IP address is available for handout?

2312     0

To determine if an IP address is available for handout when using the next_available_ip WAPI call, does NIOS include a ping of the IP address as one of the criteria? In other words, if an IP address is pingable but is not configured in a Host (or A or PTR) record, is it eligible for handout when using the next_available_ip address WAPI call? I've searched for the criteria used but have not found an answer. I don't have an easy way to test. Thanks.

Re: Using next_available_ip WAPI call, how does NIOS determine if IP address is available for handou

Authority
2312     0

GM in many cases won't have l3 access to the most of the IPs, so I doubt it does any ping checks. Most likely checks for any A or HOST records.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You