Introducing SOC Insights for BloxOne Threat Defense: Boost your SOC efficiency with AI-driven insights to eliminate manual work and accelerate investigation and response times. Read the blog announcement here.

Reporting

Resetting Reporting Appliance issue

Superuser
5241     0

Hi Team,

I was trying to reset reporting appliance because it violate the license by given key from the support, but when i was hitting command set reporting_reset_license + enter, the ssh session was disconnect and i behave like this everytime i did that command.

Anybody face the same problem, could you give some advice?

Thanks

Re: Resetting Reporting Appliance issue

Authority
5241     0

Hi,

We have seen scenario like this. In most of the cases, we coul see an extra space in the reset license string. Can you please check if there is any extra space in the string provided and try applying the license again and see if it works.

Regards,

Manu M

Superuser
5241     0

Hi,

Thanks for respond,

I was not yet insert the key, it's right after command set reporting_reset_license and the ssh disconnected. As far as i know when we do reset reporting it will prompt us to provide the key right?

Thanks

[ Edited ]
5242     0

Hello,

To understand more about the issue, could you let us know what is the NIOS version you are on? From NIOS 8.2.4 onwards the reporting reset license must be applied from Grid Master CLI. Did you try the command on GM CLI?

If possible please run the following command from the CLI to check if there are core files generated during the time you have run the command set_reporting_reset license.

show log debug /core.serial_console/

Regards, Rinson John

Superuser
5242     0

Hi all,

I can update that the issue will happened on NIOS 8.2.4 version which the system triggered DB_SENTINEL_VIOLATION when applying reporting reset license and this is known issue on this version of NIOS. the solution is applying hot fix on the grid master.

Thanks

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You