Infoblox’s global team of threat hunters uncovers a DNS operation with the ability to bypass traditional security measures and control the Great Firewall of China. Read about “Muddling Meerkat” and the many other threat actors discovered by Infoblox Threat Intel here.

Azure

Azure Discovery

10446     0

I am using the "Azure_vNIOS_Install.pdf" guide to set up a demo for a customer. I have a single Ubunti vm running in Azure. I have successfully created a vDiscovery job with Service Endpoint, Client ID and Client Secret details. The vDiscovery job runs without error but does not report anything. In the syslog I see Number of TENANT, Number of VM etc all at 0.

There is a subsequent section in the guide "Adding vDiscovery Application as a New User". I don't believe that I have done that but the screen shots in the guide do not match what I see in the Azure portal.

Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Azure Discovery

Superuser
10446     0

There have been some changes to this in the Azure Portal since that guide was published. Please take a look at the new Deployment Guide: Deploy vNIOS in Azure Using ARM Templates. The section on Infoblox vDiscovery for Azure has updated screenshots and step-by-step guidance on App Registration and assigning permissions.

Re: Azure Discovery 60, 'SSL certificate problem'

[ Edited ]
10446     0

I have not been capable to launch this service correctly for several days,
it's not mentioned anywhere in the Azure-infoblox-vnios-deployment-guide

Error while running the job: The job has failed. If the "ERROR: PycURL error: (60, 'SSL certificate problem: unable to get local issuer certificate')" error message is displayed, it means that the certificate has expired or is invalid.

I need to remove the expired or invalid certificate and upload a new one but how ?

<span id="id1af" class="ib-cdiscovery-status-error-icon" 
title="initialize or call AZURE cdiscovery driver ERROR:
PycURL error: (60, 'SSL certificate problem: unable to get local issuer certificate')
ret=DRIVER_ERROR">
Error while running Job</span>

Superuser
10447     0
To add the new certificates, go to the URL of your OAuth token endpoint, for example: https://login.microsoftonline.com/<tenant_id>/oauth2/token. The <tenant_id> will be your Azure tenant ID. From that site, download the intermediate and root certificates; you should end up with files like: stamp2-login-microsoftonline-com.pem. 

In your Infoblox Grid Manager UI, go to the Grid - Grid Manager tab. In the toolbar, open the Certificates dropdown and select Manage CA Certificates. In the CA Certificates dialog that opens, click the + button and upload both the new certificates.

Authority
10447     0

Is there any other possible cause for this error? Continuing to see it after adding the Intermediate and Root certs.

Superuser
10447     0

I have been seeing this issue again lately. There have been some additional certificate changes on Microsoft's side.You will need to get a copy of the “Digicert Global Root CA” root CA certificate and load it into NIOS. The needed root CA certificate is available from the following web page: 

https://www.digicert.com/kb/digicert-root-certificates.htm 

The specific root CA certificate is at the following URL (in PEM format): 

https://cacerts.digicert.com/DigiCertGlobalRootG2.crt.pem 

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You